Jiffy Steamer Changes My Life

I don’t mind ironing, except that I suck at it.

When I was young, I in the Air Cadets where I wore a crisp uniform and polished boots every week. The creases in my uniform were permanent, so it was foolproof to pass inspection every week.

Nowadays, pleats can be found in almost every garment, ruched fabrics are still hot and materials that wrinkle as soon as you take them off the hanger are all the rage with designer clothing lines.

And then there’s the whole ironing one side and it looks perfect – until you turn it over and discover a million creases that you have created and are going to take you 15 minutes to get rid of!

So that combined with my inability to iron a dress without making permanent indentations led me in search of a good quality steamer that wouldn’t take up the whole bedroom – where would my fella and cat sleep?

Ironing comes with boards that you have to store and unfurl and irons that leave me with little peaked creases at the shoulder of all of my tops.

With a handheld steamer, you just hang your shirt, skirt, dress or suit and steam away. And you can get at all of those hard to reach places that my iron couldn’t get to. You can even use it to steam hats, wigs, drapes, wallpaper, upholstery and carpet.

But for me, I am just thrilled to be able to have crisp clothes without having to go through the trials and tribulations of an iron and ironing board!

The Jiffy Steamer is so amazing that I am thinking of becoming their spokesperson!

The travel unit that I got is as about the size of my hair dryer and looks like a coffee thermos from the 1960s.

All you do is fill it up with water and plug it in – you don’t even need to flip a switch. The water heats up in no time (about 15 seconds), the steam arrives in about 3, and about a minute later you have sleek clothes that look the way they’re supposed to!

No hassle, no fuss, no elbow grease required.

Steaming my outfit today to go out to a restaurant was such a pleasure – I have never thought that about ironing, but I wouldn’t mind steaming clothes all morning with this! The steam is mighty powerful and continuous and it doesn’t use very much water at all – I could have steamed another 30 outfits – it has over 15 minutes of steam per filling (8 oz. per fill).

My Jiffy Steamer is as vital to me now as my coffee maker and I’m sure that if you try it, you’ll see how superior – and easier – it is than ironing.

I donated my iron last night.

I won’t be needing it anymore.

My Jiffy Steamer is not only going to be something I use at home, but I’m going to bring it when I travel (Esteam converter and adapter plugs are available as well).

It is a life, time and energy saver.

What are you waiting for?

p.s. Oh, and I got the Pink Breast Cancer model – 10% of the retail price is donated to Breast Cancer Research. Woo hoo!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.