Demeter Fragrances Introduces the Tootsie Roll Collection (ooey-gooey good!) and the Clean, Evocative Scent - Swimming Pool!

If you've been following the knack for awhile, you'll know of my love of all things Demeter.

Demeter Fragrance Library that is.

I have written about their different collections a number of times - one, two, three, four times. And this makes five.

I keep covering Demeter because each time I try a new scent from them, I am astounded by the exact replication of a scent that is so familiar that it is completely impossible not to rock back and forth and utter, "Oh my god!" over and over again. How they bottle up things like a Lavender Martini, Grass, Condensed Milk and Snow for crying out loud?!

I don't claim to understand the science of it, but I do know genius when I see it and Demeter is the smartest of the bunch.

This time around, I'm delving into the sweet scents and one clean one.

Take their Tootsie Roll Collection, which includes Tootsie Roll, Junior Mints and Dots.

Although I haven't bought a Tootsie Roll since the age of 13 or so, every single time I have one (a local bar near us gives you some when they bring the bill), I absolutely adore the chewy, just slightly chocolate taste. And the Demeter fragrance smells EXACTLY like it. It's a shake-your-head-you-just-can't-believe-the-exactitude of it all. It is truly amazing and actually quite a lush, seductive scent.

The Junior Mints one makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer's Junior Mint goes flying into a patient that's being operated on and it seemingly cures him, though Kramer and Jerry don't say anything for fear of reproach.

My Mom loves Junior Mints and is running an experiment with this fragrance. Because it smells just like the box of goodies and because she can eat a whole box at once (really, who doesn't?), she is spraying herself with it each time she craves a box of Junior Mints - kind of as aversion therapy. So far, it's working! I'll have to let the folks at Demeter know that they could have a whole new business on their hands!

I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I'm using Dots, which while I did not grow up having, I grew to love as an adult. As the description reads, it's "a refreshing and exotic, but Oh-So-Smooth blend of grapefruit, pineapple, passion fruit, mango and coconut." But please know that it is not the sickly sweet smell that you might find in one of those soap and body lotion places at the mall. It is instead light and refreshing and could easily give those celebrity concoctions at the drugstore a run for their money. In fact, this is one of my favourite scents now. It is absolutely refreshing, like a little splash of fun and energy encapsulated in a bottle.

And as you know, I cannot get enough of clean smells. Anything that smells like rain, laundry, ocean, etc. makes me feel so good I want to jump up and do a little happy dance (you really have to see it in person).

So when I opened the box and saw the bottle of Swimming Pool, I just about lost my mind.

It smells of vacations and youth, sunshine and wet bathing suits, or as it says on the website, "a soft, watery, natural ozone scent... wrapped in a fresh cotton towel... Demeter's Swimming Pool is the lingering memory of the pool water on the skin, not the pool itself.

And therein lies the incredible genius of Demeter. It is all about evoking memories, things that you haven't though of in years, and things that might have been forgotten.

Up until now.

I can't recommend this stuff enough. Once you try Demeter Fragrances, you'll be hooked too. I guarantee it.

Oh, and one more thing - they are utterly and completely affordable.

I know!

It just keeps getting better and better...

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.