Norpro's Re-Usable Turkey/Poultry Timer Is a Holiday Lifesaver!



For us here in Canada, Thanksgiving is just around the corner (Oct 10th), so we've already got turkey on the brain. But for those of you in the US, it's only a month away for you guys, so you should start thinking about it now too.

I like to take time coming up with a theme (sometimes I do a Southern meal, other times Italian, etc.) and menu and then organize my shopping list and when I'll need to prepare everything.

The hardest part is of course cooking the turkey, capon or chicken to perfection. So I got myself a little help this year in the form of the amazing Norpro Re-Usable Turkey/Poultry Timer.

This little high heat resistant silicone and steel wonder works in all kinds of poultry (I like to change this up every year as well, so that we don't tire of turkey, which happens so often, don't you find?), so you don't have to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy using it. Here's how it works:

1. You take this little silicone beauty (I call mine Cole - is that weird?)  and press the legs down to the horizontal position.

2. Insert it into the thickest part of the meat and cook according to your recipe's directions.

3. Cole's little legs automatically spring up to vertical position when poultry is ready between 160°-165°F, meaning: Dinner's ready!

The timer is reusable over 300 times (in other words, it lasts and lasts) and can be cleaned by simply hand washing it in warm soapy water, rinse and let it air dry.

It's really that simple.

Which is exactly what you need when the holidays roll around. After all, there's enough to worry about without worrying about the turkey!

Check your local kitchen supply store for the Norpro Re-Usable Turkey/Poultry Timer.

gottheknack

2 comments:

Heavenly Handmade Crafts said...

How cute is that! I love that the legs move and tell you when the food is done! I know in my family we usually have turkey, and the red timer they give you seems to never work, then we're all stuck wondering if it's ready to eat lol
Thanks for the tip!
Take care,
Angela

gottheknack said...

Hi Angela,

It really is the cutest little thing - either on your bird or in the drawer. Cole just makes me giggle every time I see him.

Plus, it's like having a guarantee for cooked turkey/chicken at your side!

Big hugs,

Stephanie

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.