Aqua Zinger - Finally, Drinking More Water Is Doable


I do not enjoy drinking water. For me, it is not a natural thing as I don't often feel very thirsty and have never really been a big drinker of anything - juice, pop, etc.

However, I know that I have to change and one of my goals for the new year is to drink as much water as I can throughout the day to help stave off colds, headaches and fatigue and maybe even a little bit of weight while I'm at you (I'm looking at you teeny tiny jeans). One of the easiest - and most delicious - ways I've discovered is the Aqua Zinger.

See, for me, what's so genius about this water bottle is not that it's portable (though it most definitely is) or good looking (hello, handsome) or convenient (having water at your side is half the battle of drinking more), but that it improves the taste of water so much so, that you actually start to look forward to drinking your water.

That's a first.

Simply by infusing your water with fruit, vegetables or even herbs, you can not only change up your daily water, you can do it without sugar or sweeteners or harmful chemicals. Whatever your fancy - citrus fruit, berries, melons, even ginger if you like - go ahead and have a refreshing, delicious cocktail (non-alcoholic, of course). Your office mates wonder why you're always smiling - and suddenly energetic - at your desk.

There are 2 key things to keep in mind:

1. Let the ingredients steep for 15-30 minutes - the longer the steep, the stronger the flavour.
2. Shake the container before you drink, so that your flavours are well blended.

Now I don't even have time to completely blow try my hair most days before leaving the house, so if you're worried this is going to take up too much time, don't worry. It doesn't. Unless you want it to.What I mean is that I just usually pop in a handful of blackberries or raspberries, twist the bottom of the cup (the blades inside grind the ingredients and infuse your water with their flavour) and fling the Aqua Zinger into my bag (don't worry, there's a leakproof cap) as I fly out the door. Sure you can get fancier with it (recipes are included with your bottle) and combine a bunch of ingredients, even add chili peppers, tomatoes, vanilla, agave or lavender to your water, but I keep it pretty basic -  a litter lemon or cucumber even and it's so much better than plain water, I am insanely happy.

And go ahead and use carbonated water too. Why should hipster coffee houses be the only ones to blend their own natural sodas? You go and make that sassafras bubbly girl, if your heart desires (I'm going to work on a grape flavoured one myself....).

It's a big container (20 oz.) so you're going to drink a lot more (maybe pee a lot more too, but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned - flush it out, sister), it's super easy to clean (no need to add to your already jampacked workload, right?) and comes in 4 vibrant colours.

And because the bottle is vacuum insulated with a double wall of food grade safe stainless steel, your drink stays hot or cold, and no metallic taste at all. Which brings me to tea- now that it's cold out, not only is tea with lemon a lovely choice, sometimes just a cup of hot water with lemon is enough to soothe you and warm you up. Isn't it nice having options? 

I bet you've tried to drink more water a bunch of times and it's never stuck. That's because you didn't have the Aqua Zinger at your side.

Guess who can't stop chugging her water now?

p.s. Infusing my own vodka is next on my wish list...

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.