Luma Brush - Let's Get One Thing Straight


I have wicked curly hair but you'd never know it because I straighten it. Every. Single. Day.

And while you'll have to pry my flat iron away from my cold hands, it is frying and drying my locks beyond belief.

So as I searched for other solutions,  I discovered the Luma Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush.

A brush that can straighten your hair? Hmm, I was skeptical.

But what if it worked?

My daily routine was always to let my hair air dry as much as possible, finishing with a blow dryer (though the strands are thin, I have a thick head of hair so it takes a long time to dry). Then I switch on the flat iron, and try and get it as straight as it will go.

Truthfully it's exhausting, but my natural hair just isn't up to the real world. It needs serious coaxing and coercion to get it RL ready.

Here's what my current daily practice looks like now:

I simply let my hair air dry, quickly run a brush through it (you can only use the brush on dry, brushed hair), then brush it through with the stylish slate and teal Luma Brush to straighten it. It's easy - just make sure your hair gets into the inner area of the brush and then slowly pull the brush through your hair.

Thanks to the hot ceramic surface and spring-backed, plastic heat insulated bristles that safely keeps the 185C/365F heat away from your head, it it does take my kinky waves and stretch them out into straight lines. Because I have short hair at the back, it's a bit hard to get the tiny stretch at the ends into line, but it does the job in waaay less time than my flat iron. You can actually get away with just 2-3 minutes and you're done. Have really long hair? The time extends to just 4-5 minutes, from the usual 40-50 you're spending on your hair.

Oh, and the brush heats up in just 60 seconds and lets out a ding to let you know it's ready to use (the red lights also switches to green). My flat iron isn't that clever.

And the bristles feel so good against your scalp. You get a head massage while your strands transform before you. My flat iron doesn't even come close.

And that's not even the best part:

The Luma Brush delivers such shine and silkiness, it always looks like I've just left the salon after a high end treatment and blowout, after I've use it. My hair is now as soft as it was when I was a kid - before I started colouring, straightening and blow drying the hell out of it.

This is of itself is miraculous, as near the front of my locks, there's a chunk that's frayed beyond belief because off all the heat I put to it. Split ends and frazzled strands stick out. Dry as hay, it looks like I have static cling or haven't styled it, and yet, little do people know how much time and effort I put into it.

After just a few weeks of switching to the Luma Brush, my hair is healthier even on the days when I don't use it (few and far between, but still). My hair is shiny - and blondes never have naturally shiny hair - and oh so silky, I feel like I've been granted another head of hair to call my own.

Not convinced yet? Here's the kicker:

It's not just me.

My Mum has a beautiful thick mop of hair. So beautiful in fact, that strangers stop her on the street to tell how much they love it, how gorgeous it is. But it's as coarse as steel wool. There have been only a handful of times that I've seen she's had soft silky hair - and that's been after very expensive treatments and/experts working away at her luscious mane.

So she put her locks to the Luma Brush test and not only did she too end up with soft, silky hair, she was able to shape and tame her hair into a more manageable style that doesn't just last the day, but days.

----

I don't know how I could live without this wonderful invention now that it gives me the straight hair I've always wanted (not as pin straight at the ends as the flat iron, but still incredibly straight) without having to spend all day on it.

Want straight hair without all the work, time and the energy? Buy the Luma Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush now.

It really is that easy.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.