Belmondo Organic Skincare - On Cloud Nine


Many years ago I was in a health food store and there was a guy offering samples of an olive oil from Tuscany. While it was exceptional in flavour and texture, what I've never forgotten was his face. Skin taut yet supple. Lit from within. And completely ageless. His secret? He slathered on the vinaigrette ingredient on every morning and evening.

As youthful as he appeared, the idea of using cooking oil on my skin wasn't appealing. And since it's rather expensive, I'd prefer to save it for my salad dressings and tossing with meat and veg before roasting in the oven.

Ever since that day,  I've been on the lookout for superior olive oil skincare products and it's Canada's own Belmondo Organic Skincare that truly delivers.

Creator Daniela Belmondo, a licensed esthetician, saw the results olive oil had on her client's skin, and wanted to share it with the rest of the world.

"I believe that beautiful skin comes from products derived from the earth’s pure and restorative ingredients," she says.

Her handmade organic olive oil-based skin care line uses organic, wild-harvested and natural ingredients - sourced fair trade whenever possible. In fact, her organic olive oil is from Italy, where her family is from.

Made with love by hand in small batches on Canada's west coast in British Columbia, this nourishing skincare boasts her signature blend of Olive Oil , infused with organic calendula, chamomile flower, lavender and rosehip. Not only does it smell phenomenal, it does wonders on your skin and can be safely used on everyone - even those with sensitive skin, skin conditions including eczema and psoriasis, and  pregnant and nursing women.

Belmondo's extraordinary face and body skincare line includes: face wash, toner, scrub, mask, serum, eye cream, face creamhand and body lotion, and soap.

I tried a single product and it changed everything.

Here's a closer look:


The first thing you'll notice is the gorgeous scent wafting up from the glass jar. Roses, lavender, chamomile, rosehip - oh my, it's a veritable summer garden in here. Relaxing and yet somehow simultaneously rejuvenating, getting ready is no longer a chore.

Second, you'll fall for the dreamy, creamy velvety formula that's whip light and oh-so-silky. It's chockablock with good-for-you ingredients including aloe leaf juice, grapeseed oil, beeswax, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E.

Don't just slap it on - give it a good rub. The cream's white so massage it for a quick sec after application to get rid of streaks. Consider this a bonus feature - it not only works the product into your skin, it gets the circulation going and decongests any puffy areas. It sinks in quickly and without a lick of greasiness either.

As soon as you apply it, you'll notice a massive change in your skin.

Instead of a brick-coloured, suntan type of glow that everyone has now thanks to bronzer and contouring, the effect is a pinky pearlescent glow that makes your skin iridescent.

It's captivating because it's not makeup or lotion sitting on the surface your skin, but instead an inner radiance that is arresting. Every time I use it, I am blown away by how striking it is. It's rare that I can go out without makeup,  but thanks to this wonder, I wear only a little concealer and liner most days.

It also casts a spell should you decide to go full-on with your makeup. That gleam of inner light emanates right through, so now even your cosmetics look better.

Every time I've used it people have remarked on how great my skin looks. And it's not just deeply glowing (but not unicorn-y or strobe-y at all, very natural I promise), but healthy in both look and feel. Perhaps the most plump and supple it's been to date.

Of course that's thanks to the incredible olive oil - rich with essential fatty acids that deeply hydrates and moistures your skin, so all that healthy twinkle (miraculously never veering on sparkle and/or shine) gets locked in. Worried that it won't work on your oily skin? Think again. It'll do wonders for you too. Evening Primrose Oil is also a warrior, with its anti-inflammatory properties, that goes to work on everything from aging to redness. And a shoutout to calendula, a natural anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory fighter.

I've also noticed a drastic decrease in lines and wrinkles. Not just around my eyes either. I've been applying The Cloud on my neck for a couple of weeks now and those deep indentations that you could stick a paper clip in? Smooth and not a single ripple, wrinkle or crease. Normally I'd have reached for my handy neck cream by now, but it looks like I won't be needing it after all.

And it doesn't end there. While insanely nourishing and hydrating, and delivering crazy sexy skin day and night, it protects my skin better than other products. Here are just two examples:

1. Since I don't drive, I walk and take transit everywhere. That means I spend a lot of time outside in the bitter cold. I wrap up but two weekends in a row, after long walks, I came home with cheeks, forehead and nose slashed with wind burn.

The following weekend, the temps dropped even further. This time, I had on The Cloud. And despite gale-force winds and snowstorms, my skin looked as resplendent as ever, indoors and out.

2. I try very hard not to get sick. I eat well, take vitamins, but eventually I catch what's going around. The hardest part of a cold is that painful area between nose and mouth that gets raw and sore. Mine was a doozy this time. So much so one night I went to bed slathered in the ol' tried-and-true  remedy, Vaseline.

Blech.

But the next morning, my lips and nose were still tender and chafed.

Argh.

The next night I dabbed on some Cloud and hoped for the best as I drifted off a hot mess.

Whoa.

My skin had healed 95% in just a few hours thanks to this rich cream. Imagine what it could do after a full day.

-----

This blend is mighty powerful and yet completely natural. Thank you Mother Nature for all your bounty, and thank you Daniela for bringing it all together to create such a wonder product.

The Cloud Face Cream is one of my favourite all-time  beauty products. It makes me so happy. A single product that truly does it all. Imagine how astounding the rest of the line must be.

For a limited time, enjoy free shipping on all orders to Canada and the U.S. No minimums either, so shop Belmondo right now.

In fact, stock up. Because one you try it, you won't ever want to be without it.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.